*To configure this plugin, have in hand the organization’s information as on file with the Canada Revenue Agency. If you’re missing some information, please refer to the CRA’s website or contact them directly: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency.html
You want to start issuing donation receipts? Here’s how to configure the donation receipts plugin:
1. Log in to your Fundky account on your platform.
2. Once you’re logged in, place your cursor on your name in the top menu, and then click on Dashboard in the menu that appears.
3. Click on Plugins in the left menu, and then click on the pencil icon next to the Donation receipts section.
4. You will land on the configuration page of your donation receipts. To activate the issuing of donation receipts for your campaigns, you first need to complete the required information:
Define a prefix to better identify your donation receipts. The prefix appears just before the receipt’s number.
4.2. Starting number
Define a starting number for your donation receipts. If your organization has already issued donation receipts before, you can use the number that comes right after the ones used previously.
Example: If your organization has never issued donation receipts, you can define 1 as the starting number. If your organization has issued, for example, 74 receipts in the past, you could define 75 as the starting number. In this case, the next receipt issued would be identified with the number 75.
Add the signature of an authorized individual in PNG or JPG format. If you need more information on the signature, please refer to this article.
5. Click on Save and tick the box that certifies the data you entered is correct. Click on Continue.
6. Then, click on Organization details to configure your information
6.1. Registration number issued by the CRA
6.2. Name of your registered organization
6.3. Address of the organization as on file with the CRA
For more information on the address, please refer to this article.
7. Click on Save and tick the box that certifies you accept the modifications. Click on Continue.
8. Click on Personalization. You will be able to add the organization’s logo. If you need more information on this step, please read this article.
9. Check the box that certifies all information provided is true, and then click on Confirm.
To issue receipts manually: Once you’ve confirmed, you can manually issue donation receipts!
To issue receipts automatically: Simply flip the switch next to Automatically issue donation receipts for all donations at the top of the page, and you’re all set!
Congratulations! Once your configuration is saved, your donors will automatically start receiving a donation receipt for their contribution.