It’s possible to replace a donation receipt that has already been issued. Usually, the replacement of a receipt happens when incorrect information appears on the receipt.
First, make sure the transaction’s information associated to the receipt has been updated with the correct information. For more guidance on how to edit a transaction’s details, please refer to this article.
Once the transaction information has been updated, you can replace the old receipt with a new one. Simply follow these steps to do so:
1. Log in to your Fundky account on your platform.
2. Once you’re logged in, place your cursor on your name in the top menu, and then click on Dashboard in the menu that appears.
3. In the left menu, under Quick links, click on All transactions.
4. Find the donation for which you want to replace the receipt, and click on the pencil icon under the View column to access the donation details.
5. You will land on the transaction information page for this donation. Click on the Donation receipt tab, under the Transactions title.
6. Within the Donation receipt tab, you will find all the information regarding the donor’s donation receipt. You have 3 options:
6.1. Resend the receipt
To learn more about resending a receipt, please read this article.
6.2. Replace the receipt
By clicking on Replace, a window will open and you will be asked for the reason of the replacement. Once you’ve entered the reason, click on Replace the donation receipt.
The donor will receive an email letting them know their receipt was replaced. Attached to this email, the donor will find the old receipt marked as CANCELLED, as well as the new official receipt for their donation.
6.3. Cancel the receipt
To learn more about cancelling a receipt, please read this article.