A donor would like to pause their monthly donations for a certain period of time?
Here’s how to pause monthly giving for a donor:
1. Go to stripe.com and log into your account.
2. Click on Payments in the top menu.
3. Click on Subscriptions in the left-hand menu. Here, you can see all monthly donations made through your platform.
4. Click on the email address of the donor who wants to suspend their monthly donations. You can see all of their transaction information here.
5. Click on the Actions button on the right side of the screen and then click on Pause payment collection.
6. A window will open asking you two things:
a. Whether you want the duration of the monthly donation suspension to be undefined or until a custom date.
By default, the Undefined button is checked. If you want to put a date, click Until a custom date and add the date.
b. How you want to manage invoices for monthly donations that have already been charged.
7. Click Pause to suspend monthly giving for this donor.
Note: If you have chosen a specific date for resuming monthly donations, you do not need to do anything, you’re all set! On that date, the donor's monthly donations will automatically resume.
If you have chosen to suspend monthly giving for an indefinite period of time, see this article for information on what to do when the donor wants to resume their donations.