One of your donors would like to change some information about a current monthly donation?
Note: the monthly donation amount is not directly editable. If a donor wishes to change the monthly donation amount, you must cancel the subscription in your Stripe account and then ask the donor to make a new monthly donation with the correct amount.
To learn how to cancel a monthly donation, please check out this article.
Here’s what you can edit:
A- Edit the donor’s PERSONAL INFORMATION in FUNDKY
Note: This action will modify the donor's personal information on their upcoming donation receipt. You can only edit donor information at the transaction level (not in the associated invoices).
1. Log in to your Fundky account on your platform's home page.
2. Once logged in, place your cursor over your first name in the top menu, then click on Dashboard in the menu that appears.
3. Then click on All Transactions in the left menu.
4. Click on the icon in the Edit column next to the monthly transaction you wish to edit.
5. You are now in the INFORMATION section of the transaction. You can edit all the information that is not grayed out, i.e. the donation details and the donor information.
6. Click Save to save your changes.
Note: These changes affect the donation receipt that will be issued to the donor at the beginning of the tax period.
B- Edit the donor’s BANK INFORMATION in STRIPE
1. Go to stripe.com and log into your account.
2. Click on Payments in the top menu.
3. Click on Subscriptions in the left-hand menu. Here you will see all monthly donations made to your platform.
4. Click on the donor's email address to edit their information. Here you will see all their transaction information.
5. Click on the Actions button on the right of the screen and then click on Update Subscription.
6. In the Payment Method section, click on the pencil next to the credit card currently in use.
7. A new window will open and offer you to add a new card. Click on Add a new card and enter the information.
If this is a new credit card to be used for all future transactions, check the box "Set as new customer default payment method".
8. Click on Save.
9. Click on Update Subscription at the top of the page.